giddyant: (Esther tea)
[personal profile] giddyant
The presents are bought and wrapped (bar the ones that are yet to be delivered). And I am fit for nothing but bed. God, I remember when I used to have energy. Glad to be able to continue my run of ludicrous wrapping, though. This year has Christmas flamingoes in cadillacs. I saw the roll of it and immediately fell in love.

Hoping to start my catch up on Who this week. I stopped watching before Arachnids In The UK. I may be a fan of Doctor Who for over a decade, but I am an arachnophobe for far, far longer. Unfortunately, my brain also won't let me just skip it and insists I watch all the episodes in order. Maybe if I just find other things to do while it's on in the same room? Or make a deal with myself that if I watch it, I can watch a ludicrous Netflix Christmas film after? There's one with Kurt Russell as Santa, self! Isn't he worth giant spiders?

I fear negotiations won't be easy.

Date: 2018-12-11 08:49 am (UTC)
thisbluespirit: (Default)
From: [personal profile] thisbluespirit
Ah, good luck with getting through the episode! Ludicrous Netflix film after sounds like a plan, as does having something else to look at while it's on.

Date: 2018-12-11 09:45 am (UTC)
auroracloud: vintage drawing of a woman and a lamppost against a text background (Default)
From: [personal profile] auroracloud
I'm a huge arachnophobe as well, but I found the episode easier to watch than I thought I would! One thing that helps is that they mostly don't throw a random spider at you completely by surprise - they're usually preceded by enough B horror film type cues that you have time to cover your eyes. Of course it doesn't help with your raging imagination when you know it's going to be a spider, but still. Making a deal with yourself might help, it's worth a try!

Christmas flamingoes in Cadillacs sounds fabulous. Argh I've only bought one Christmas present so far.

Profile

giddyant: (Default)
giddyant

January 2019

S M T W T F S
  12345
67891011 12
13141516171819
20 212223242526
2728293031  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 8th, 2026 04:42 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios